Koji Onaka (Tokyo, Japan)
Koji Onaka(b.1960) is a photographer. He was born in Fukuoka prefecture and based in Tokyo.
When he was high school, began darkroom work.
1980, He met with Daido Moriyama at a photo school and after that, invaited to an independent gallery CAMP.
He opend private gallery KAIDO in Shinjuku and started monthly exhibition for 4 years from1988.
He has 11 photo books, the first publication is "Seitaka-awadachiso" 1991, 5th book "slow boat" was republished by Schaden.com.
His work has changed from monochrome to color in 1999.
Almost all his works are taken on travel and it is printed by his hands at a darkroom.
He recived The Photographic Society of Japan new photographer prize.
Selected Recent Solo Exhibition
- [Tokyo Candy box] Le Plac'Art Photo, Paris
- [Horse & Cactus 2] EMON Photo Gallery, Tokyo
- [SEITAKA-AWADACHISO/NOGATA] Tanio Musium, Fukuoka
- [The Dog in France] Nadar, Osaka
- [Horse&Cactus- in Mexico] EMON Photo Gallery, Tokyo
- [DRAGONFLY] Chukyo University gallery C・Square, Nagoya
- [GARSSHOPPER] ZEIT FOTO SALON, Tokyo
- [Latvia, Spain] Visual Arts gallery, Tokyo
- [MATATABI] ZEIT FOTO SALON, Tokyo
- [slow boaat] photographers' gallery, Tokyo
- [Human And Territories] PHOTO 4, Paris
- [Voayages] The Japan Foundation, Paris France/Tokyo Metlopolitan Museum of photography and other some country.
- [THE MANILA BOX] Kaida gallery Manila Phillipin
- [Japan Caught by Camera] Shanghai Musium China
- [RECENT ACQUISITIONS] Tokyo Metropolitan Museum of Photography
- [BLACK OUT/Contemporary Japanese Photography ] The Japan Foundation, Roma,Paris, Tokyo